County Borough of Leeds

County Borough of Leeds

  • High Quality Content by WIKIPEDIA articles! The County Borough of Leeds, and its predecessor, the Municipal Borough of Leeds, was a local government district in the West Riding of Yorkshire, England, from 1835 to 1974. Its origin was the ancient borough of Leeds, which was reformed by the Municipal Corporations Act 1835. In 1889, when West Riding County Council was formed, Leeds became a county borough outside the administrative county of the West Riding and in 1893 the borough gained city status. The borough was extended a number of times, expanding from 21,593 acres (87.38 km2) in 1911 to 40,612 acres (164.35 km2) in 1961 adding in stages the former area of Roundhay, Seacroft, Shadwell and Middleton parishes and gaining other parts of adjacent districts. In 1971 Leeds was the fifth largest county borough by population in England. The county borough was abolished in 1974 and replaced with the larger City of Leeds, a metropolitan district of West Yorkshire.
Auf meinen Merkzettel speichern
Shop Versand Bester Preis *
Bester Gesamtpreis
Verfügbarkeit:
6
Versand ab 0,00 €
34,51 €
Versand ab 0,00 €
Gesamt: 34,51 €
Zum Shop

Preis kann jetzt höher sein.

* Alle ermittelten Preise im Online Preisvergleich verstehen sich inkl. der jeweils geltenden gesetzlichen Mehrwertsteuer (andere Angebote sind im jeweiligen Onlineshop gekennzeichnet). Die Ergebnisse im Preisvergleich verstehen sich gegebenenfalls zuzüglich anfallender Versandkosten. Es besteht die Möglichkeit, dass die im Ergebnis des Preisvergleichs angezeigten Preise seit der letzten Aktualisierung gestiegen sein könnten. Alle Angaben sind ohne Gewähr.

Produktbeschreibung

County Borough of Leeds

High Quality Content by WIKIPEDIA articles! The County Borough of Leeds, and its predecessor, the Municipal Borough of Leeds, was a local government district in the West Riding of Yorkshire, England, from 1835 to 1974. Its origin was the ancient borough of Leeds, which was reformed by the Municipal Corporations Act 1835. In 1889, when West Riding County Council was formed, Leeds became a county borough outside the administrative county of the West Riding and in 1893 the borough gained city status. The borough was extended a number of times, expanding from 21,593 acres (87.38 km2) in 1911 to 40,612 acres (164.35 km2) in 1961 adding in stages the former area of Roundhay, Seacroft, Shadwell and Middleton parishes and gaining other parts of adjacent districts. In 1971 Leeds was the fifth largest county borough by population in England. The county borough was abolished in 1974 and replaced with the larger City of Leeds, a metropolitan district of West Yorkshire.

Produkteigenschaften

EAN 9786131632983
Hersteller/Herausgeber
Frederic P. Miller